Notes to the Teacher
Allow at least one full month to work on this
assignment. Be patient, because a lot of children will have a lot of questions
on how to do this assignment. It would help to have other helpers in the
classroom so as not to spread yourself too thin. Schedule enough time in the
computer lab. A full hour at least to get them into the assignment, without
other class interruptions.
Arizona State Standards that are reflected in this WebQuest.
- 1SS-E2. Describe the legacy and cultures of prehistoric American Indians
in Arizona, including the impact of , and adaptations to geography, with
- PO 1. How archaeological and anthropological research gives us
information about prehistoric people.
- PO 2. Characteristics of hunter-gatherer societies, including their
development of tools and adaptation to environments.
- PO 3. Development of agriculture with domestication of plants.
- PO 4. The distinctive cultures of Anasazi, Hohokam, and Mogollon,
including where they lived, their agriculture, housing, decorative arts, and
- PO 5. How prehistoric cultures adapted to, and altered, their
environment, including irrigation canals and housing.